As of May 12, 2015
The terms “ECPG” “we,” and “our” are used for convenience and are intended to refer to ECPG and/or its affiliates, subsidiaries or related parties either individually or collectively, as the context may require. Please keep in mind that such references and grouping are not intended to suggest that the various companies referred to are not independent corporate entities having separate corporate identities and management.
The Purposes for Collecting Personal Data
ECPG collects Personal Data to allow us to better manage and develop our business and operations, to establish and manage business relations with you, to review the products and services that we provide to you and to inform you of products and services you may be interested in. We also collect data to respond to comments or requests for information, to protect us against error, fraud, theft and damage to ECPG property, goodwill and employees, to enable us to comply with applicable law or regulatory requirements, and any other purpose to which you consent or which is permitted by law.
Changes To Policies
Your continued use of the Website and Services will mean acceptance of any such changes.
Who can use this Website
The Website is intended for adults over the age of 18 years and is not directed to children. We do not sell products or services or provide content appropriate for children. If you are under the age of 18 years you may not use the Website. ECPG will not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under 13 years of age, nor allow children under the age of 13 to use certain features of our Website without the consent of a child’s parent or guardian. ECPG will not knowingly disclose Personal Data collected from children.
Types of data we may collect:
- Contact and identification information, such as name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, location;
- For operation and maintenance purposes, the Website and third party web sites may collect data that record interaction with this Website (system logs) or use for this purpose other data such as IP Address, type of browser, type of operating system, location, ISP provider, server information, unique device ID identifiers, cookie (a cookie is small text file that is stored on your device by a web site through your browser. Cookies enable a website to keep track of your activities on the web site, and to improve your use of the web site, such as by keeping track of your preferences. You can change your browser settings on your device so that cookies are not stored on your device.) (collectively the “Technical Personal Data”). In addition, we may use web beacons, provided by third-party advertising companies, to help manage our online advertising. These web beacons enable us to recognize a browser’s cookie when a browser visits this site and to learn which banner ads bring users to our Web site. To learn more about our third-party advertising companies, cookies, and how to “opt-out,” please go to http://www.networkadvertising.org/consumer/opt_out.asp.
- Product and service related information;
- Customer relationship information, such as customer service requests and business relationship information; and
- Analytics data to enable ECPG to monitor and analyze web traffic and track of user behavior on the Website through third party services and/or through Plug-ings;
Submission of Personal Data
Unless limited otherwise by customer agreement, or state/federal law, regulation or rule, when you submit Personal Data to us, you are agreeing to permit us to access, store, and use the Personal Data wherever in the world we do business, both inside and outside the United States. In particular, we may use your Personal Data for various business purposes, such as to provide you with relevant information, analyses, market research, improving Services and notifying you about Services and changes that may affect you.
Plug-ins and External Links
The Website may link to third party web sites that collect Personal Data. The external web sites may collect Personal Data when you press on the link. Personal data may also be collected by widgets, plug-ins or buttons (the “Plug-ins”) embedded in the Website and operated by third parties, such as Facebook or Twitter, that may collect Personal Data based on your interactions on the Website. The plug-ins can be identified through a logo or label of a third party web site or though a link that may be present, for example the ‘like’ button. When visiting a page on our Website that contains such a plug-in, your internet browser will establish a direct link with the servers operated by a third party and the content of the plug-in will be transferred to your browser and embedded in the web page being shown. If you visit the Website while signed into a third party web site that operates a plug-in, such as Facebook or Twitter, your user account information, information about your visit and interaction on the Website will be transferred to the third party web site and may be available to us. For example if you ‘like’ something on the Website, Facebook and us may collect your account information and information about your interaction on the Website as a result of the ‘like’) To prevent this, you must first log out of your third party web site account, (i.e. log out of Facebook or Twitter) before using the Website.
When you become our customer, when you sign up to receive the newsletter or when you sign up for the Loyalty Program your email address, name, address, telephone number and information about the Services ordered, if any, will be added to the contact list of those who may receive email messages containing information of commercial or promotional nature in connection with ECPG.
If you send us an email you should exercise discretion in what information you include in the email. We cannot guarantee that email sent over the internet is secure. We are not responsible for the security of information contained in emails sent over the internet.
Disclosure of Personal Data
We may use or disclose your Personal Data without your knowledge or consent under the following circumstances:
- When we are permitted or required by applicable law or regulatory requirements to do so;
- As part of ECPG’s regular reporting activities to other ECPG subsidiaries or parent companies;
- During emergency situations or where necessary to protect the safety of a person or group of persons;
- When personal information that is already available to the public;
- To employees, contractors, consultants, service providers and other parties who require the information to assist us to establish, maintain and manage our business relationship with you, including, for example, third parties that provide services to us or on our behalf or third parties that collaborate with ECPG in the provision of services to you;
- To third party advertisers to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
- To third parties without your prior approval, except as required by law, requested by regulatory agencies and governmental authorities, as part of a sale of all or a portion of ECPG, or if used for a legitimate business purpose.
Safeguarding Personal Data
ECPG will endeavor to safeguard Personal Data using methods that are appropriate to the sensitivity of the information.
Accuracy of Personal Data
It is important that the Personal Data you provided to ECPG is accurate and current. You are required to keep us informed of changes to any such Personal Data.
Accessing Your Personal Data
If you want to know what Personal Data ECPG holds about you or wish to change Personal Data that is inaccurate or out of date, please contact us as described below. It may not always be possible to completely remove or modify information in our databases, although we will make reasonable efforts to do so upon your request.